E-Permit Terms and Conditions
Our Riverside Road car park is managed by eParking Systems Ltd
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They relate to E-Permit parking at our car park.
When the following words are used in these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), this is what they will mean:
- 1.1 “us”, “we” and “our” means eParking Services Limited (company number 14242545) of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU;
- 1.2 “ANPR” means Automatic Number Plate Recognition;
- 1.3 “Car Park” means the parking facilities in the area and/or building managed by (or on behalf of) us and designated for parking vehicles;
- 1.4 “vehicle” means any vehicle used to convey passengers or items that enters the Car Park, including any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories;
- 1.5 “VRM” means Vehicle Registration Mark
- 1.6 “E-Permit” means an agreed parking facility whereby you enjoy monthly parking at one of our car parks provided that the service has been paid for and you have kept us up to date with the VRM List of the vehicles you intend to park
- 1.7 “E-Permit Tariff” means the agreed monthly amount that if paid entitles you to use a parking space at a specific car park location
- 1.8 “VRM List” is a list of vehicles which you keep us up to date with (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we know which vehicles are authorised to park under your E-Permit
2. Our liability to you
- 2.1 We must operate the Car Park with reasonable skill and care (“our obligations”). If we do not, we are only responsible for direct loss or damage you suffer as a foreseeable result of our breach of our obligations or our negligence or the negligence of our employees.
- 2.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- 2.3 We do not guarantee that there will be any vacant parking space at any particular time. E-Permits do not entitle the holder to a particular space or priority over any other user. We will do our best/use our reasonable endeavours to keep enough spaces reserved for E-Permit holders but cannot guarantee this at all times. If you are unable to find a space, you should leave the Car Park as soon as possible to ensure you do not incur a Parking Charge.
- 2.3 Although we owe you the obligations set out at clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above, you should be aware that the Car Park is accessed by the general public. We cannot guarantee that members of the general public will not enter our Car Park and cause damage to property and/or engage in criminal activity. Accordingly, you park your vehicle in the Car Park at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of your vehicle and/or its contents.
- 2.4 We will not be liable to you for any special, indirect, or consequential loss, including but not limited to: any loss of profit, loss of enjoyment, loss of revenue, loss of data or loss of earnings.
3. E-Permit Tariff
- 3.1 The E-Permit Tariff will be invoiced monthly and is payable by you in advance of commencement of the period of service.
- 3.2 Any variation of the E-Permit Tariff will be communicated to you by email with a minimum of 30 days notice. To continue using the car park you are obliged to pay the E-Permit Tariff and to comply with any instructions in these Terms and on any signage on-site, and failure to do so may result in us deciding not to renew your E-Permit in future (please refer to clause 5 (Parking Contraventions) of these Terms).
- 3.3 The availability of E-Permits is determined by the number of spaces available to us and we are not always able to automatically renew it. If we have to cease your E-Permit you will be given a minimum of 30 days notice.
4. Claims and complaints
- 4.1 If your vehicle sustains damage while in the Car Park, your vehicle is stolen or any possessions are stolen from your vehicle while it is in the Car Park you should:
- a) inform us by email at email@example.com;
- b) in the case of theft, immediately inform the police; and
- c) notify your insurers promptly.
- 4.2 Any claims against us or complaints about the service you have received, should be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Before submitting a claim, please refer to clause 2 (Our liability to you) of these Terms, which set out the extent of our responsibility to you in relation to any loss.
5. Parking Contraventions
- 5.1 It is important for the effective management of the Car Park that:
- a) you comply with all signs and markings in the Car Park, including these Terms and any on-site signage;
- b) you park fully within the limits of a marked bay and do not straddle bays or block the flow of traffic through the Car Park;
- c) you do not park within a bay designated for a specific purpose when you are not entitled to do so, for example, and without limitation: parking in a space designated for blue badge holders without displaying a valid blue badge;
- d) you do not park in a reserved or restricted area (including any hatched areas) of the Car Park or any other area other than a marked parking bay; and,
- e) YOU have paid for your E-Permit in full without deduction for the current period of service shown on your monthly E-Permit invoice.
- 5.2 By parking your vehicle in the Car Park you consent to us capturing, using and processing your VRM and personal details via CCTV and ANPR for enforcement purposes.
- 5.3 If the Car Park and/or the equipment in the Car Park is damaged by you, your vehicle, its contents or the passengers in the vehicle then, except where the damage arises as a direct result of our negligence, we will seek to recover the cost of that repair and associated administration costs from you.
6. Security of your vehicle
- 6.1 Unless asked by our employees or agents not to do so in the case of emergency, please ensure that your vehicle is left securely locked with the handbrake on, all windows securely closed and any vehicle alarm, steering lock or similar device fitted is engaged. We are not responsible for any consequence or loss arising from a failure by you to properly secure your vehicle.
- 6.2 We may install CCTV cameras in the Car Park at our discretion to assist in its proper running. Whilst the cameras may act as a deterrent to criminal activity, we do not make any representation as to the coverage provided or guarantee of the security of your vehicle if CCTV is installed in the Car Park.
- 7.1 Any possessions left in a vehicle are left entirely at the owner’s risk. We suggest that no items are left so that they are visible from the outside of the vehicle. We are not liable for any theft by third parties from your vehicle. Please ensure that you do not leave any animals in your vehicle.
- 7.2 None of our employees or agents have any authority to accept any of your personal possessions for storage or security.
8. Safety in the Car Park
- 8.1 You must drive carefully and responsibly in the Car Park and in accordance with any instructions given to you by our employees or agents.
- 8.2 You must ensure that any children or animals are accompanied and properly supervised at all times when they are using the Car Park. Please be aware of other vehicles in motion around the Car Park.
9 Access and re-location of vehicles
- 9.1 We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any vehicle to the Car Park for any reason whatsoever.
- 9.2 We reserve the right to move vehicles within the Car Park using whatever method we consider appropriate (even if, as a consequence, damage is caused to your vehicle) to the extent that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of safety to persons or property, or to avoid obstruction at the Car Park.
10 Abandoned vehicles
- 10.1 We are entitled to regard as abandoned any vehicle left in the Car Park for more than 28 days without prior notification and which is not known by us or covered by a current valid E-Permit.
- 10.2 We reserve the rights to engage and/or permit a lawful authority to remove (or where we are unable to identify the current legal registered keeper of the vehicle, to take steps ourselves to remove) and to dispose of as waste or sell any abandoned vehicle. Before proceeding with the disposal or sale of abandoned vehicles we will:
- a) refer the matter to the appropriate authorities, which may include the local police and the DVLA; and
- b) affix a notice to the vehicle at least 7 days before the date on which we propose to remove the vehicle stating that the vehicle will be removed and sold when that period expires.
- 10.3 Abandoned vehicles will be disposed of as waste or sold by auction. Where sold by us, the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to us together with the expenses of sale and our reasonable storage and removal costs for the period during which the vehicle is in our possession.
- 10.4 Any balance of the sale proceeds remaining after satisfaction of any sums owing will be held by us on behalf of the registered keeper of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
11 Prohibited activities
- 11.1 You shall not:
- 11.1.1 Tow or have towed a vehicle in to a Car Park. In the event of vehicle breakdown, you must immediately contact an employee or agent of ours to ensure that your vehicle removal is organised without causing damage or danger to any other person or property in the Car Park;
- 11.1.2 Spend an excessive amount of time (as determined by us in our absolute discretion) in your vehicle whilst it is parked in a Car Park and this includes, but is not limited to, sleeping in your vehicle or staying overnight in a vehicle or staying overnight in the Car Park or camping in the Car Park; and
- 11.1.3 Park anywhere except in a designated single marked bay.
- 11.2 You shall not carry out any of the following activities at any time in the Car Park:
- 11.2.1 Any service work, maintenance, cleaning or repairs to any vehicle;
- 11.2.2 Partaking in any business activity at the Car Park including, but not limited to, in connection with selling, hiring or other disposal of the vehicle or any other services;
- 11.2.3 Filling or emptying vehicle fuel tanks;
- 11.2.4 Misusing, obstructing or damaging any facilities or other vehicles in the Car Park, including but not limited to, dropping litter or fly-tipping waste on the Car Park;
- 11.2.5 Driving dangerously or too fast and in contravention of the directional signs and speed limits;
- 11.2.6 Making unnecessary noise, including playing music in any way that annoys users of the Car Park or people who live or work nearby;
- 11.2.7 Filming or taking photographs of any vehicles, the Car Park or other users of the Car Park;
- 11.2.8 Cooking, cleaning or lighting fires;
- 11.2.9 Using the full facilities of a camper van, including, but not limited to, the toilet, bathroom and kitchen;
- 11.2.10 Doing or attempting to do anything which is a criminal offence or breach of the law.;
- 11.2.11 Parking in bays which are not designated for your vehicle type including, but not limited to, parking in a disabled person’s parking space without displaying a valid disabled person’s badge belonging to yourself or another occupant of the vehicle;
- 11.2.12 Smoking anywhere within the Car Park and the immediate vicinity of the Car Park, except if there is a designated and marked smoking area;
- 11.2.13 Leaving the Car Park in a state or condition unfit for use by other persons using the Car Park;
- 11.2.14 Using any area of the Car Park as toilet facilities;
- 11.2.15 Any anti-social or annoying behaviour which may cause offence or inconvenience to us or any other user of the Car Park including, but not limited to, drinking alcohol, taking or dealing with illegal substances, fighting and/or loitering or having any animals off a lead when outside of a vehicle.
- 11.3 Permission to use the Car Park is automatically withdrawn if you or your passengers or anyone else under your authority or control do any of the things prohibited in clauses 11.1 or 11.2. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to add to the list of prohibited activities at any time. Any of our representatives may require you to leave at any time and they are authorised if necessary to call for police assistance to have you removed.
12 Force Majeure
- 12.1 We do not accept liability for any cancellations, curtailments or damage otherwise caused to your vehicle or possessions by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or technical problems to transport, closure or congestion of public transport links, cancellation or changes of schedules in relation to any scheduled business or personal travel plans and all similar events beyond our control. Further, we cannot accept responsibility where the performance or prompt performance of this contract with you is prevented or affected as a result of a force majeure event detailed in this clause 12.1 or such other circumstances beyond our or your control.
13 Our Group Companies
We reserve the right to perform any of our obligations or exercise any of our rights under these Terms through any other member of the same group of companies.
This will not affect your rights under these Terms.
14 Variation of the Terms and Conditions
These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by a director of our company. Nothing said or done by any of our employees is capable of varying these Terms.
Each of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If you have any queries relating to these Terms, please contact our Customer Services Department by email to email@example.com.